Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Late Autumn" 09-14-07

Writing about the monthly mini made me think back to the one I made for September 2006. It is "Late Autumn" (27"W X 22"L). I liked it so much that I made "Late Autumn II" with a different tree silhouette on the same background fabric. The tree and border are cut in one piece, fused to the background and then sewn down with a straight stitch very close to the edge.



This is a design style I have been using for a few years. I don't think it is the definitive "Del style", if there is such a thing!
I've tried to keep a record of the monthly minis I have made and who owns them. But many of them were pre-digital, so I will have to dig out the pictures and transfer them to digital images. I think digital technology is one of the wonders of the late 20th Century. I love the fact that the pictures can be adjusted using a computer program, I use PicasaII, to correct all the errors made by the photographer!

No comments: