Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Alzheimer quilts 10-29-07


In August 2006 this little 12" x 9" quilt went to Ami Sims fundraiser for Alzheimer's research, but instead of being part of the online auction they just put a price on it and sold it with many others at the project booth in Houston. I've made a few fabric postcards that have actually been auctioned, but not another of the maximum size like this Canary in the Jungle. Someone on the Quilt Art online list has started a sort of challenge for those who are not going to Houston this week - make at least one quilt for Ami's project. I suppose this will suppress the yearnings to jump on a plane and fly to Festival! My problem is that I want to SEE the Festival, I just don't want to be there with 49,000 other quiltmakers. I think it would be too much for me. So, while others are in Houston rubbing elbows and other portions of their bodies with the quiltmaker mobs, I will try to make at least one little quilt for Ami to sell in her online auction. It may be another bird or dogs or cats or.... who knows. Tomorrow I must apply myself.

1 comment:

June said...

guilt, guilt, guilt. I should be sending something to Ami. I don't think I have anything small available and I really don't feel like working something up. So I am Sooooo glad you are doing this.