Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Last Walk in Autumn" 10-31-07

The Houston Quilt Festival opens tomorrow, so I am posting my Journal Quilt tonight. A full picture (all the quilts in the exhibit are 17"W x 22"L), a detail shot and am image of the label. Some of the fabric was hand dyed by Mary Leakey of San Juan Bautista and some by Elizabeth Barton of Athens, GA.




I wish I could be in Houston just to see this last exhibit of Journal Quilts. If you are there, take a picture for me, eh?

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Terry Grant said...

So beautiful. I love the way the figure continues up the hill, growing smaller and paler as he goes. What a lovely remembrance of your husband.

June said...

Ditto to Terry's comments.

jpsam said...

I love this, too! Very nicely done.

Christine Thresh said...

What a wonderful, wonderful quilt. It is so sad and so lovely. You did a beautiful job.

Corky said...

Del, somehow I've missed your blog until now and look forward to reading the entire thing. Your journal quilt is wonderful.

Lisa Ellis said...

Just Beautiful Del. And it looked great hanging in Houston.