Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jade plant 01-23-08

I wonder if everyone knows that Jade plants bloom. This is the time of year and here is largest one in my yard. It is about eight feet high, fitting between a sidewalk along the garage and the neighbor's retaining wall.
This picture was taken from his driveway toward my garage. The main trunk is about ten inches in diameter.

The white flowers w/pink centers are about the size of my little fingernail and grow in clusters.

The black spots on the petals are the dark ends of the anthers.
This picture looks right down into the center of the flower. Again you can see the dark ends if the five anthers.

1 comment:

Christine Thresh said...

This time of the year (in my area) jade plants freeze and die. Oh, so sad.
Perhaps if I brought one inside it would live and maybe bloom.