Friday, January 25, 2008

One year ago 01-24-08

A year ago about this time I was preparing for an exhibit at Back Porch Quilt Shop in Pacific Grove, CA. It was an interesting experience which I enjoyed immensely, once I had the quilts ready to go! My good friend Mary helped me out by hand finishing some bindings. Thanks again, Mary. Not all of the quilts were for sale, I don't remember - maybe half? And quite a few of them sold, but not the ones that I thought would. I've heard this from other quilt makers who have done exhibits with quilts for sale. I don't actually make quilts with selling on my mind, but I have begun to run out of space. So, I was happy to see some of my work find new homes. If you would like to see the quilts and the gallery go to:
http://tinyurl.com/2stetd

1 comment:

Christine Thresh said...

How do I buy one of your little quilts? I would like "Scarlet Sash."

I loved "Come Fly with Us" because I support The Elephant Sanctuary.

"Remembering Constance" was my very favorite quilt in the journal quilt book. I didn't "know" you when I first saw it. I had a friend named Constance so it meant something to me in two ways.