Friday, February 8, 2008

"Color Bowls - Two" 02-08-08

Installing the exhibit at Back Porch was a very special event, but there was another special event in my life yesterday.
"Color Bowls - Two" Del Thomas 2008 17″W x 23″L
Virginia Spiegel introduced the quilt I donated to the FFAC Reverse Auction - 2008 when she posted it on her blog yesterday and explained about the auction. Check it out at: http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/blog/archives/date/2008/02/07/
FFAC raises money for the American Cancer Society and this auction is one of the major fund raisers each year. I am particularly dedicated to supporting this cause because eighteen years ago my husband died of a brain tumor. I hope that my small efforts will help find a cure for all types of cancers - sooner rather than later. I am very proud to be among such talented artists who are trying to make a difference with their art. On March 10th I will remind you that the auction is open!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

It is good to see the whole quilt. Your little corners were interesting, but the whole thing is a Wow.

Rayna said...

Ah, you clever woman, you. This is a lovely piece - just what I needed to see to perk me up!