Thursday, February 7, 2008

No pictures! 02-07-08

Oh, dear! The exhibit of Ruth McDowell quilts from the TCQC went up this afternoon and I didn't take a single picture of the process! I suppose I was just too excited, because I didn't even think of pictures until we were driving back to Mary's. It is such a thrill to see so many of Ruth's quilts hanging together in one room, after they were hung I just sat and soaked up the wonderfulness. Ruth has an unerring eye for fabric selection and color . She has no equal in her ability and technique for piecing fabric together to create wonderful images. This exhibit is a tribute to her and the 350+ quilts she has created in thirty-six years of quiltmaking.
Hanging the quilts was preceded by lunch at one of my favorite local spots, Peppers, only a block from Back Porch Fabrics. We needed energy to carry us through the hanging process! But Gail Abeloe, shop owner, her husband Gary, and Jeanne Mills have eleven years of experience hanging exhibits every three months, so it was a smooth, painless procedure. When we finished it was closing time, so we will have to make another trip to do some fabric shopping. I already have several selections in mind!
Check out Ruth's website at http://www.ruthbmcdowell.com/

No comments: