Wednesday, April 23, 2008

LHC - Two more quilts hung 04-22-08

Before leaving Lake Havasu City I hung two more quilts from the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection (TCQC). It is a good opportunity to let a different set of people enjoy these treasures.

Ruth Power's prize winning "Early Birds" is hanging between the windows in the living room. Hard to take a picture with all the light streaming in, even with the blinds closed, but at least we can be assured that no light will shine directly on the quilt!


Ruth B. McDowell's "Summer Lily" is on the opposite wall. This is the one Ruth quilt that was not displayed at Back Porch Fabric Shop - it is very long and I was concerned about it hanging down behind the tables. "Early Birds" is reflected in the mirror over the diagonal wall fireplace.
The quilts will hang for two to three months. I don't like to hang any quilt for much longer, they do need some rest time. The exceptions to this rule are very small quilts, less than 24" in either direction, which I don't feel are damaged by long term display.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Corky said...

Del, I love that you're sharing the Thomas collection with others. The quilts just sparkle in that location.

Patty ♣ said...

Oh Del! The quilts are spectacular in this setting! You have wonderful quilts in the collection!! I LOVE seeing them!
All the pictures from the trip to the desert were fun to see! I really liked the early morning picture of the moon. There was so much to see in one picture!...

jpsam said...

Yes, thank you for sharing these quilts. Aren't they stunning in that setting? They own the room!
joan

Christine Thresh said...

If I invite you to stay in my house while I go away for a while, will I come home to find TCQC quilts on my walls?
That would be magic.