Saturday, June 7, 2008

Color Bowls & Skinny Strips 06-06-08

I spent a little time today trying to work out the problem with this project. I thought maybe it was the color that bothered me, so I tried a dozen different colors and values. But didn't like any of them. So, I thought, maybe it is the shape of the strips.

And I tried some different curved shapes. These pleased me the most. But I always use Dorene Speckman's example, "Do you like it when it is there? Do you miss it when it is gone?" No, I don't miss it, but the spacing was planned for something to go in the lower section. I'll keep at it.

My friend Liz and are going to Beach Cities QGuild QShow tomorrow. It has always been an excellent show in the past and we are looking forward to it. It is in Aliso Viejo (south along the I-5) and this new venue has air conditioning! Hope it isn't too hot tomorrow, today was!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I like the curved shapes. What a difference!

Patty ♣ said...

Del, I like this arrangement and the shapes.