Sunday, June 1, 2008

Gas Prices 06-01-08

Everyone is talking about the price of gas, maybe I should say "grumbling" about it. Me, too. Yesterday I paid over $4.00 for the first time - $4.059/gal. to be exact. And that was at the cheapest gas station I know of in my area. The last time I filled up ten days ago I paid $3.839/gal., so I had serious sticker shock. And then I read an item that claims gas will be $5 by July 4th. I don't know where all this is taking us, however I do know that I won't be doing any road trips this year and maybe never again. I do live on a limited income and I looked back to see how much my retirement check had increased in five years - $153.00. But the price of a gallon of gas has increased 2 1/2 times the $1.599 I paid at the same station on June 5, 2003. And I am not even thinking about food prices. I have cut back on some expenses already w/more to come and I have savings to fall back on. But the people who were already living from paycheck to paycheck are hard hit and it will get worse. I know that telling you all about it won't make anything better, but, somehow, I just needed to share this with others who are going through the same difficulties. I suppose the only people not feeling the pinch are the independently wealthy.
Ruth Powers has a new quilt on her blog that is priceless! Well, I hope it isn't really "priceless" because I know I will bid on it when it comes up at the SAQA auction and I am saving up starting today! http://www.ruthpowersartquilts.com/weblog

No comments: