Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Shelves complete at last 07-14-08

The last shelving unit went up rather quickly. It might be we learned enough on the first two - or maybe we are just lucky. If there ever is a next time, I'll pay someone to do it!
LOOK, we emptied three large boxes and two small ones. With the exception of one box of orange fabric on the left, all the bags under this table are full of scraps! I am addicted to saving scraps, if not to doing something with them.
However, in emptying the boxes we made new stacks of fabrics - like this box of lights with an equal number of lights sorted on to the top. Even after culling it will still make two boxes - you can never have enough lights.

Here are three boxes of 'motifs' which I have been collecting for decades! I do use some of them, but I still intend to make at least two 'I Spy' quilts. As you can see I have enough piled on top to fill another box - more culling.
Liz was here all day today again, still cracking the whip, is there another friend in all the world who is so kind and helpful? In addition to organizing we have enjoyed talking fabrics and colors and designs and sharing laughter, but she still won't make any decisions for me! My brain is very tired tonight.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

Del! You have an impressive fabric collection!!! I am anxious to see your finished handiwork.Nice work!