Thursday, April 30, 2009

Toot my horn! 04-30-09

The members of Valley Oak Quilters Guild in Tulare were a great audience earlier this month when I visited them. They must have really enjoyed seeing the quilts because they sent me their newsletter with not one, but THREE little items about my program. A great group of ladies, they made Liz and I feel right at home.


---------

Dyanne Cox introduced Del Thomas,
Quilt Collector, as the featured
speaker for April. Del showed her
outstanding collection of quilts from
various artists, including a fascinating
biography of each quilt. Del
demonstrated how she stores her
quilts: placing a pool noodle covered
with acid free paper or fabric in the
middle or making a “stuffie” which
is a long noodle shaped cover stuffed
with fabric scraps. She shared some
on–line sources—a list of quilt artist
sites and talas.com for acid free
storage.

-------

[From President's letter] I really enjoyed seeing the collection presented by Del Thomas. This guild is predominantly a traditional quilting group, but I do enjoy seeing the different
styles of quilting. You all know the work that goes into these quilts and for some it really pays well.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Vivika said...

I loved the President's coment that "for some, it really pays well"! Still working toward that six figure salary-

Vivika

Christine Thresh said...

I am so impressed. I hope you do a presentation up in the Bay Area some day.

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Del, I adore your lovely blog and wish I had gotten to see the collection you showed. I so enjoyed the quilts at "Back Porch." You are helping to keep the art of today, the art of tomorrow. I think it is wonderful what you are doing. You have the eye and the mind to do it so well.
Thank you,
Mary Lou Weidman