Friday, May 15, 2009

Midwestern Sky 05-15-09

New Mexico clouds May 2007
Near Tucumcari, NM - afternoon storm May 2007
Southern Kansas - midday May 2007
Evening approach into Kansas City, MO June 2007
I am feeling pretty down tonight. I called Ruth Powers today and told her I couldn't make the trip to Athens, Ohio, for the SAQA conference and QNat'l opening. We have been looking forward to this trip since June 2007. But I have a medical problem (not Cancer!) and need to have some outpatient tests. Meanwhile I am not feeling real great and I am apprehensive about driving across the country - what if I got REALLY sick out on the plains, far from a large town with a hospital? I found it physically difficult to pack the car for the trip and now I can unpack it - but a little at a time. I just brought in what I needed for tonight and tomorrow morning.
I don't know what part of the trip I will miss the most - a nice long visit w/Ruth, driving on the wide open road with the fabulous cloud formations, seeing people I know at the conference, ogling the QNat'l quilts, visiting galleries and museums on the way back to Kansas, the trip home over the Rockies and down I-15. It is a Bummer!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

den said...

definitely a bummer. Hope you have more of a spring to you step today.
we could do with a bit of those great skies here!.

Christine Thresh said...

Bummer is right. I guess it is better to be safe at home than stranded on the road (scary).
I hope the tests provide answers and your recovery is quick.
My best healing thoughts are heading your way.

Loretta said...

Oh my, sorry you're not able to make the trip -- you've been looking forward to it. I do hope whatever is doing with your health will only be a minor something and that the test will show all you need to do is stay home for a little while and quilt, quilt, quilt. Take care.

imquilternity said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you get good results from your tests. You are always so cheerful and your posts are inspirational..thank you for that!

Corky said...

Oh, Del, I'm so sorry you have to cancel your trip. I'm sending good thoughts your way about your tests.