Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Fujitsu "Lifebook - S series" 05-16-09


This is a little larger than a mini - it is 11-1/2" w x 9"deep x 1" thick and weighs about 4 pounds.
I know I started out to buy a mini (smaller and lighter), but they don't have a jack for dial up and I need dial-up at Mary's and sometimes at motels in out of the way places. I wonder if Beaver, Utah, has computer service of any kind now - they didn't two years ago. Nor did they have cell service.

I went to visit Corky this evening while his parents went to the theater with their group. If I weren't here he would have had to stay home alone - horrors! But I needed a some doggie loving and he is a little lover. Of course, he slept most of the time while I messed with this new computer and read my current book. I keep feeling that I have forgotten something important - perhaps it is going on a Road Trip! Where would I be tonight? In the past I have stayed at Santa Rosa, NM, on the first night out, but I can't drive as far in one day as I did even two years ago, so maybe Gallup? I needed to be at Ruth's by Monday night, but figured I could make it if I stopped for a nap mid-day. Old age has given me the gift of power naps - they are wonderful, even if the old age isn't. People tell me that 70 isn't old, but it truly is the beginning of the last (maybe two) decades of most people's lives. I just think I am being realistic, something for which I have always strived.
[The Blogger spell check is so odd, they say it should be
'st rived'!]

Now that I have a new car and a new laptop, I need to start looking for a new digital camera. The battery access door won't stay closed, so I use packaging tape to keep it closed. Duct tape or masking tape is too obvious.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

dee said...

So sorry to hear about your health and that you'e not making the trip. I'm sending warm thoughts your way and hoping you're back to your lovely self very soon.
New computer, new car, new Del on the way...