Friday, November 13, 2009

Gorgeous applique quilt 11-12-09

"Floral Fantasy" 96"W x 96"L
Made by members of Friendship Square Quilt Guild which meets in La Habra, California. It is beautifully hand-appliqued and hand-quilted - the guild has an deserved reputation of exacting handwork. The design was done by Barbara Swanburg who has previously design several similarly spectacular applique quilts for the guild. The blocks designs come from many sources, including books by Elly Sienkiewicz.
Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5. The drawing will be March 7, 2010 at their biannual quilt show.

If you are interested in tickets check on the guild website: www.fsqg.org
Or contact Martha Fandel at 562-695-5339.
I am not a member of this guild, but each month the new Surfside QGuild has raffle/opportunity quilts on display from other groups and individuals. This was the November quilt. I have tickets, of course!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

I might have actually purchased a ticket for that quilt! (So many do "NOTHING" for me & I have "Never" won, so I have not had the positive reinforcement to keep buying.)