Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Some Computer stuff 11-09-09

No pictures today because I have none that relate to this topic.

I always wondered how people learned all they know about blogging - I taught myself the basics by trial and error and, eventually, asking people I met through their blogs and going on the "forums" which I didn't find helpful because I didn't know enough. Such as what different things are called. Then I discovered http://www.blogdoctor.me/ But I still need to concentrate very hard to figure things out. If you want to learn more possibilities for your blog you might check this site.

I enjoy contemporary and antique quilts, art quilts and traditional - I'm just more interested in the contemporary work. Every month I receive "The Quilt of the Month" from the International Quilt Study Center in Nebraska. They are mostly traditional, but they sometimes post art quilts from their expanding collection. This month there is a fantastic Jan Myers-Newbury quilt using her own shibori fabric. And if you go down the list to April 2007 you can enjoy Elizabeth Brimelow's "Low Meadow" - a quilt I lusted for when I first saw it and still do.

You might enjoy a new TV show on the Internet - the new British series "Talking Threads" is dedicated to textile art. It is free on the Internet, anywhere in the world: http://www.talkingthreads.co.uk/
# # #

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Oh! I can't wait to visit the sites you have shared here! The blogdoctor sounds VERY interesting! I look forward to visiting the quilting sites later today!!

dee said...

thanks so much Del. I will try to get around to watching the internet quilt show later.
Hope all is well with you.