Saturday, December 19, 2009

Goodbye "eggplant" & more coughing 12-18-09

I sold the "eggplant" yesterday - saying goodbye to a friend of long duration. I bought the Dodge Caravan in January 1998 after driving my Chevy Citation for 18 years . The transmission on the Chevy went and there was no replacement part - not even in a junkyard. Corky's daddy named it the "eggplant" after he found in the market an actual eggplant that was the same color and shape. It is still a good car in good condition, but with 217,000+ miles, I am just not comfortable driving it on some of the lonely highways I take on Road Trips. The buyer said it probably wouldn't ever be driven out of the Los Angeles basin again - he needs a getting-about-town vehicle..

On an off ramp of I-40 in November 2008 en route to Thanksgiving in Lake Havasu City. .

Off I-90 in Kellogg, Idaho, I stopped to admire this 'quaint' building in July, 2005.
I went back to see Dr. Debin this morning about my cold. Actually, all I have left is the cough, but it is a racking cough and sometimes I wake up at night coughing and unable to get my breath. Scarey stuff. She diagnosed "bronchial spasm", said the treatment is to hit it hard with everything we can and then she sent me on my way with five prescriptions! I had them filled at CVS and packed some necessities to stay with Corky and his parents over the weekend. I sometimes have strange and serious reactions to medications and didn't want to be alone. So far, no reactions, except sleepiness. The vaporizer is bubbling and I've had a few hits of codeine cough potion, so I think I will go back to bed. The PParents have a number of Xmas social engagements in the next few days, so Corky and I will get in some unconditional lovin' - that is also good for what ails me.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

Take care of yourself Del and get lots of rest. I hope the prescriptions take care of your "brochial spasm" .

dee said...

Rest up Del. I'm thinking of you.

Gerrie said...

I am so glad you are not alone. Get well, soon.

Rayna said...

There's nothing like having people you love around when you are sick. Stay warm, drink lots, sleep well, and cuddle up with Corky. Please take care of yourself!
R.