Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Miscellaneous 01-13-10

Every year the Book Group ladies exchange small gifts at the Xmas dinner. This year Kathy gave everyone a lovely Xmas tea towel wrapped around a box of this fantastic tea.
It was just the right time for me since I was ailing, but Carol is allergic to cinnamon so she gave me her box also. I have not been to TJ's to see if they still have any, but I'm sure it will be/or was a seasonal item. If they still have some I'm going to stock up.

TJ's packaging is always imaginative, but a narwhal with Xmas baubles on a tea box somewhat stretches things. Narwhals don't drink tea and they don't really have anything to do with Xmas, other than being a cold weather/water creature. She is cute, though!
Christine who lives in the Sacramento delta sent me a connection to this great display of Origami: http://picasaweb.google.com/DELQLTS/OrigamiMaster011310_files?authkey=Gv1sRgCOX9_pn-tpXjVw&feat=directlink
When you have figured out how to make these minuscule treasures you can make a precious little box to store them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2kcOjxznQ
Posted by Picasa

No comments: