Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Surfside QGuild meeting 01-12-10

Whew! I am so sleepy tonight I keep falling asleep with my head dangling over the keyboard - and all I'm trying to do is finish editing today's pictures. Guess I'd better give up before I erase something I want to keep.

I don't know whose original idea it was to use these little plastic surfboards to designate tables, but they are very colorful and add a lot to the appearance of our meetings. As you can see we had an fabulous selection of goodies for our coffee break - as usual.

Our Hospitality Chair Bev Weibel has mandated "Bring your own mug" in an attempt to cut down on the waste we leave behind. Too bad we can't do as barber shops once did and have shelves of cubbyholes each containing another customer shaving mug. No matter what group you belong to, if they use disposable cups/utensils why not make an effort and at lease carry your own mug. Mother Earth will thank you and maybe your grandkids, too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

I love the bring your own mug idea. I wonder if my guild would do this? I will have to bring it up. Take care, and keep getting better.