Sunday, April 18, 2010

One-foot square quilt from TCQC - Chris Hansen 04-18-10

"Looking Into the Future" Chris Hansen 2009 12" x 12 "

This quilt is from the 2009 SAQA auction, one of seven that I purchased for the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection. I was intrigued by the layered fine net and the machine drawn features on this lady. I also seem to be attracted by the use of flowers or foliage for hair.

Her eyes are so worried and, like everyone I know, one eye is slightly smaller than the other. Chris lives in Nevada - http://www.soulfoodart.com/index.htm

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Such beautiful use of sheer layers...

And quite gutsy to fill the whole space with the face.

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm inspired.

Patty ♣ said...

I really do like this quilt Del! She looks the way I feel today...