Friday, May 7, 2010

Garden Tour #1 05-06-10

This Trumpet Vine flower is about three inches across and hangs from an arbor in the Sherman Library entrance way. It came at about the end of our driving tour of seven gardens in the Corona del Mar/Newport Beach area. Liz and I had a lovely day and the weather was just about perfect. The ocean view was a little hazy, but we didn't see much ocean anyway. We arrived back in Placentia about 5pm and I had a dinner date for Fish in a Bottle at 6pm; so, just time to 'freshen up', check the mail and be on my way again. It had already been a long, tiring day, so when I returned from dining with Carol and Dick Bednar I just had to have a "little nap". It turned into the first half of the night and now it is after 2am and I cannot get my brain out of sleep mode. I will work on the photos later today and post some flower images tonight. I am exhausted, but it is a good exhausted and I had pleasant dreams.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

What a lovely day you had!
Great weather, beauty in the gardens with a friend, a favorite place for dinner, along with good friends to share the food and the day's events with! These things spell...
P E R F E C T!
I am happy for you!!!!