Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fiber Postcards 09-18-10

I was unable to post this last evening due to my computer problems. However, today the computer guru returned my new Dell laptop with all the viruses and Trojan Horses removed. Seems that I transferred them from the old laptop to the new. I have more security checks now - hope that takes care of all future problems. Del
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe fiber postcards are the prod to get me back to making quilts. I haven't made a single quilt since early last spring. I suppose my old age ailments have been part of the problem - pain can be debilitating - and another part could be overload. I cannot do as much as I once could and tend to get befuddled when I try to do too much. However, postcards are in my past and in my future, so I have been working on them. These are all from four or five years ago and all are sold or contributed or given away. But I have the images to inspire me.

Nipsy, the cat appeared in a few, he always finds the world interesting.



These fine leaves are very time consuming, but careful cutting can yield both a negative and a positive version.

This is reverse applique with the background made from the 'cut away' of the one above.

Abstracts are always challenging. It seems I can only do them in bright colors.
I have posted fiber postcards in the past, including two of the above. Click on Fiber Postcards in the list of labels in the right sidebar.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Love your postcards. I made so many one year that I burnt out!! Have been thinking of making them again.