Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Miscellaneous Online (No pictures) 01-04-11

When I began the job of Newsletter Editor for Surfside Quilters Guild in May 2009 I started doing a column "Quilting Online" which gives websites that might be of interest to the members of the guild. I try to do a mix of traditional and contemporary sites, but it means I have to do some research in between newsletters. Here are three sites I have found this month that may appeal to some in the guild.

http://3creativestudios.com/ This is the revised home of Terri Stegmiller and Vicki Welsh. It offers projects, tutorials, patterns, challenges and a different guest quilter each month. I think it will especially appeal to quilters who want to move into more contemporary work.

This Self Portrait Challenge shows different designs and techniques that might inspire a quilt maker to try something different, even if it isn't a self portrait http://aroundtheworldin20quilts.blogspot.com/search/label/self%20portrait

I feel sad for quilters who haven't discovered the world of quilters who Blog. There is so much of interest out there - something for everyone. Only one other person in our guild of 250+ has admitted that they Blog! Maybe they will look at the Quilting Gallery site which has lists of quilting blogs around the world—about 5000! - and decide to join the fun.
# # #

1 comment:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Thanks Del for sharing the link to 3 Creative Studios. I was my guild's newsletter editor for a two-year period that ended recently, and I am amazed at how many quilters are not aware of online quilting resources.