Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valley Quilters 31st Annual Quilt Show, Hemet, CA 02-15-11

As I said the other day, I have been going to the Valley Quilters Quilt Shows almost every year for the thirty-one years they have held them.  I didn't go the first year and I have missed a few others, usually because I had my winter bronchitis.  It isn't a large show and most of the quilts are quite traditional, but they are very nicely done.  Besides, the ladies in the guild are always friendly and welcoming.
 This was surely my favorite quilt this year, so much so that I photographed individual blocks - each a little gem.
As you can see, the judges also liked it.

 
Not a realistically shaped nest, but a wonderful fabric choice.


That is a real feather - remains of the bird that lived here.



 
 Great details - the books, the pencil, the little bell.
Such perfect hand applique.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: