Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day and stuff 05-07-11

 
I hope you all have a lovely Mother's Day.

Yesterday's foot belongs to Elizabeth Barton.   I have some other "famous feet", but the pictures were taken before I had a digital camera.  Someday I will resurrect those pictures and scan them into my computer. 

I don't take many magazine these days.  Not just because I'd like to reduce the amount of trash I add to the world, but because I can't seem to part with them.  I still have full years of QNM, American Quilter, Threads, etc., which I rarely even dust anymore.  But last year I started taking the Machine Quilting Unlimited magazine and have enjoyed it a lot.  The newest issue, for May 2011, is full of great article by quilters I respect and admire.  I especially enjoyed the article by Jenny Bowker about her "Starter Scrap Quilting".  But there are also articles by Joan Sowada, Eileen Doughty, Carol Taylor, and others.   Editor Kit Robinson is doing a good job - Thanks!

Oh, I forgot yesterday to say that it was my 1300 post on this Blog.  Amazing.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rayna said...

Thanks - I expect to have a good day with my mother and my daughter.

I get Machine Quilting, too -- and even though I am a horrible stitcher, I enjoy seeing what other people can do.

Mary Ann said...

Happy 1300th.
And Happy Mother's day to Corky's part time mom.
Dyna was very loving this morning, either she knew it was mother's day or it was the piece of egg mcmuffin!
Mary Ann

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

What a beautiful picture of that fuschia!