Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fiber Postcards 06-07-11

I answered a call for additional fiber postcards for the Alzheimer's Alliance, but it came just the day before I left on my Road Trip.  So, I threw some things in a plastic tote box and planned to borrow Ruth Powers' sewing machine when I was in Kansas.  I had thoughts of doing some fusing in the evening in motels, but I always think that and never find the time.  Or the energy. 
 I had these two already started and did the machine work at Ruth's.

"Yellow Flower"  Del Thomas  6" x 4"  2011  Shadow machine applique, fused applique, color pencil marking,  machine quilting. 


 
"Which Ball?"  Del Thomas  6" x 4"  2011  Fused machine applique, machine quilting.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Gerrie said...

I love the dog - reminds me of my little Maggie when she was in her prime and loved to chase and pop bubbles.

Patty ♣ said...

Both are great! Enjoy the overcast day today...

Patty Benner Young said...

Love it! So happy!

Julie Bagamary said...

These are great!

Unknown said...

Love love love the dog! Which ball indeed! Lisa

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hi Del! I'm a quilter for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, too and when I saw your lovely postcard up at auction, today...I had to do a search on you. And I am so glad that I did! I love your blog, your exuberance for life and your passion and talent for quilting. I see we have Dee McDonald in common as friends, too! Sooner or later we are all connected and meet in the spaces between!