Sunday, June 5, 2011

TCQC quilt by Bodil Gardner of Denmark 06-05-11

As I check through the records for the Collection I have found a number of quilts that I have not posted on this Blog.  I made a list, but now I can't locate the list.  So, I will have to make a new list.  I do remember this the two Bodil quilts I purchased at the SAQA 2007 online auction had not been shown. 

"Lady With a Mug" Bodil Gardner - Denmark  12"x12"  2007
Mostly cotton fabric.  Machine appliqued and quilted.
 I always enjoy Bodil's quilts and have previously posted one that was at PIQF (check the sidebar for her name).  She has such a sense of whimsy and an eye for color.  


The satin stitch applique is rough, but fits the subject matter.


Great baggie eyes and pop out ears.  And notice the fabrics she uses for eyelids, bags and under nose.  And the yellow edge for the aqua hair.  Her work is very different and very special.  


 
A very plain back and a very plain label.  She did not title this quilt, so I did. 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

I love the color and whimsy of this quilt, and I'm so glad to see that it is part of your collection!

deb_of_pixeladies said...

Thanks for sharing your quilts and your thoughts about them.

Anonymous said...

This is fun to see again...I don't know her personally but her quilts are unique and enjoyable for sure. My Best, joni

Sandra said...

I think I'd call it "Coffee STAT!"
Those are quite the undereye bags.
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'd call it "Two Mugs." lisa