Friday, September 9, 2011

APWQ QShow - a few more quilts 09-08-11

I sorted through the APWQ QShow pictures and found a few that I failed to post.






Mabel really enjoyed this quilt, because she likes complex piecing.  It took me a several minutes to figure out the New York Beauty part of this.  The special exhibit "Star Light, Star Bright" is composed of quilts made by members of the Association of Pacific West Quilters.



I showed this quilt in the background of the picture Mabel took of me in my cart - I think it is a very special quilt.  Especially effective is the way Lisa has used the various colors to give the effect of light shining through.
 

The "Spirit of the West" special exhibit showed the quilts that will travel for one year and be auctioned at the 2012 QShow.   I believe they are all 24" x 36", like the auction quilts in this year's "Living Colour".



The special exhibit "Here Comes the Judge" included 42 quilts from 24 Nat'l Quilting Association judges.  I am not familiar with any of their names because I stopped paying attention to judging quite a few years ago.  The workwomanship on this one is outstanding.   I wish she had explained WHY she remade the quilt.  Is it supposed to represent an "H"? 



 
When I first saw this quilt hanging I thought it might be a Marilyn Bedford work!  Faith learned her lessons well and made a quite beautiful and sentimental quilt. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

WOW! I just absolutely LOVE three of these quilts especially!! The piecing and colors are wonderful!Maybe I will get to see these special quilts at one of the shows I go to sometime..(Guess the power outage was not in your area of Orange County. We were out about ten hours! Interesting evening.)