Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Looking back at Pacific Grove visit 09-06-11

On Wednesday, August 31, Mary and I drove to Pacific Grove to have lunch and fondle some fabric.
Lunch, of course, was at the Red House, my favorite spot in Pacific Grove.  This was my view out the window looking to the West.  The sun did come out while we were there - it turned into a beautiful day.

First, I had a latte.  Not as good as Starbuck's, but adequate.

Mary ordered one of the specials - sand dabs - and let me have a bite.  M-m-m-m, good!

I had my "usual" the Portabello sandwich (with extra sauce).  I've eaten it so many times and always enjoy it.  But this time I had a sulfite attack afterward and I don't know what might have had sulfites added for "freshness" - maybe the sauce?  I will have to find out before I order it again.

We stopped at the market for an olallieberry pie for our birthday celebration.  And it was delicious!

Then we stopped at Back Porch Fabrics where we were greeted by the color coordinated Wendy.  It is always so colorful at this shop and Wendy just added an extra note.

Kathleen was folding colorful fat quarters and ready to cut our fabric - whenever we made up our minds. 
 
Back at Mary's I had to photograph her deck flower boxes - should have clipped out the dead marigold first!

 
I love the color of this petunia and it goes so well with the marigold and the sweet alyssum.
It was a lovely, quiet visit with Mary and Joe.  I didn't go out at all after the day in Pacific Grove, so I was quite well rested by the time I headed home on Sunday.   It is a treasured friendship and I appreciate all that they do for me. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Meggie said...

Lovely post Del. I have never heard of olalie berries?
Looks delicious, but then I am a berry freak.

June said...

Like Meggie, I thought the pie looked scrumptious. Nice photos all round.

We're settling in in our quarters -- nice flowers here, too.