Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wicked Dessert 10-07-11

Wednesday evening I had dinner with two friends at Fish in a Bottle in Placentia (they also have a place in Cypress) which is one of my favorite restaurants.  They have wonderful food and it isn't all sushi and sashimi, although that is what I usually chose because I love it!  We decided to save a spot for dessert, which we shared.  It is a fantastic combination of tastes and textures.

Banana Caramel Cheesecake Roll
We ordered it with ice cream which adds a cold hard texture to the soft banana filling and the crisp outside layer (which allows it to stand upright).  The caramel is drizzled on the plate along with chocolate and berry.  To me it seems like an odd combination, but it all works together and is delicious. 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Vivika said...

Enough with the food!!! It is 5:30 in the morning, and I look at your blog, and I am starving!!! ;-) Such pretty photos- I always enjoy them... V

Del said...

Sorry 'bout that! Too bad there isn't a way to put a "Food Alert" so readers would know before they open the Blog. I feel that way about Rayna's Blog sometimes - her food stuff almost always makes me hungry. Even if I read it while I'm eating!!