Friday, November 18, 2011

Missing 11-18-11

I do have a tree fetish and I mourn for those that have gone back to the soil in some way. This last year the lovely weeping birch by my front door slowly died. The tree guy said they just do that, they are not long-lived trees. A half dozen in this neighborhood have gone in the last few years - they were all planted when the houses were build forty some years ago. I suppose that is a good lifespan for a tree in the heat and smog of suburban Orange County, CA. But I do miss it a lot now that autumn is here. I have not replaced it - I'm considering other trees, but I may just plant a new weeping birch in its place.



The red in the center of this picture is not part of the tree, but a red truck parked on the street.
I have another shot w/o the truck, but I like that red smear there.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Bev said...

sad that you've lost your tree, but these photos are wonderful -- great inspiration for another art quilt!

Patty ♣ said...

I find it interesting that we miss trees so very much when they are gone!! I hope you decide on exactly what makes you happiest in the long run!

Christine Thresh said...

Beautiful photos.

Norma Schlager said...

That last photo certainly looks like a quilt to me. Great pictures!

Nancy said...

Del, love the photos. Like others, great quilt inspiration. Nancy