Friday, November 11, 2011

"Purple Passion" raffle basket 11-10-11

There were so many contributors to the basket that I feel the need to post some pictures taken at the Surfside QGuild November Fest '11.  It was a very successful event, thanks to the hard work and donations of members, their families and their friends.  Thanks, everyone.
 
Here is "Purple Passion" waiting on table #1 for tickets to be dropped in the bag pinned on the tablecloth.  I did retrieve the bag to take home and count the tickets - 325!  The tickets sold one for a dollar, six for five dollars, etc..  So, if my math is correct (and it may not be!) the basket brought in from $270 to $325.  And I had great fun collecting all the contents.  

 
Of course, I put some of my favorites on the top - the lovely mola fish pillow next to the roll up fit-in-your-purse shopping bag w/paisley design, the lavender clutch bag, the purple spray bottle. Holly Casey's "Crossword Puzzle" booklet, Havel's Dura-snips plus two pair of their scissors are there, along with all that fabric!  Whatever fabric was donated I put in the basket - even if I didn't think it was purple - so the fabric ranged from pink to almost black with a few pieces that had no purple that I could detect.  I like the basket covered with tulle rather than cellophane because the contents seem more visible. 
 
Michelle Lincoln had the winning ticket and she seemed truly thrilled.  She is a purple lover and was wearing purple that day.  Nice to know that someone who will really enjoy it won this basket.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I am sure Michelle will enjoy her Purple Passion Basket! What a nice job you did Del, I can tell you enjoyed doing your purple collecting!!

Anonymous said...

Love your hat!

Ruth Powers said...

Thanks for posting this! It was fun to see the finished basket and how much it went for.