Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Surfside Quilters Guild November Fest '11 11-08-11

The big day finally arrived with sunshine and lots of enthusiastic members and guests.  It was a happy, festive event and the guild will have a chunk of money to add to the bank account.   The eighteen live auction quilts were eagerly sought by determined bidders, egged on by our excellent auctioneer, Lyn Mann, a local and regional teacher/lecturer/designer.  She was great. 

 
Here I am with Nancy Ota who made this beautiful quilt with Ellen Heck, who is a well known, prize winning applique artist.  Personally, I think Nancy is every bit as talented and I am happy to say that I was the high bidder and brought this exquisite piece home with me.  It is already up on the wall where I can enjoy it every day.  I will write more about it at a later time.

I also brought home another auction quilt make by Nancy Gasparotti in the style of Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston.  It is so bright and wild it will cheer up anyone who sees it.  I'll save it for a later post.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

linda said...

beautiful piece, Del. Is it larger than 12 x 12? My late dear, dear friend Carrie Arnold from Ventura always told me about the superb work that Ellen Heck and Nancy Ota make, so I am pleased to see this example and know that it is now in TCQC.

Rayna said...

Enjoy this beautiful piece - Nancy's work is amazing.

Susan Turney said...

Hi Del,
I just wanted to tell you how your name has popped up in so many blogs I read, thanking you for sponsoring the 12 by 12 exhibit. It appears to be one of the most viewed exhibits in the whole show! I'm sure, due to your generosity, there will be lots of groups starting their own similar series. The quilting world is so lucky to have you!!!

Patty ♣ said...

Oh Del! I am delighted that you went home with this beauty!

Suzanne Kistler said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! As you say, an "exquisite piece." I had the good fortune to take a class from Ellen years ago. Nancy was just at our guild, and unfortunately I was out of town for her class the following day.

What a treasure!!

Did you notice that you match the quilt? ;)