Monday, December 12, 2011

Angel Quilt #1 12-11-11

I no longer do Christmas and I'm not particularly "into" angels, but for this holiday time I thought I would post tonight and on the next two Sundays the three angel quilts I own.  Not part of TCQC, but in my personal collection. 
"A Tiny Angel"  Nancy Ota  1996  15.75" square.
Nancy does the most exquisite embroidery and hand quilting of anyone I know.  Great fabric selection and accurate workwomanship.  This quilt was given as the first prize to the person who sold the most opportunity quilt tickets for Beach Cities Quilters Guild.  Since I am not very good at selling anything - even electric blankets in the Arctic - it was an amazing feat, but it was a really great opportunity quilt that year. 

The backing is a traditional print with my calling card sewn on (which is how I once marked the quilts I collected) and a label from the Beach Cities Quilt Show.  Nancy did not attach a label, but.....
 
..sort of in the lower right corner she has stitched her name and the date.  Yes, that is very tiny stitching - her name is about an inch and the date is 3/8 inch. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty ♣ said...

Isn't this a cute little treasure! The embroidery is beautiful! And added to that each time you look at it you think of one of the nicest people!!!