Sunday, December 18, 2011

Angel Quilt #2 12-18-11

This is the second of the three angel quilts I own.  I will post the third one next Sunday.
When I was still celebrating Xmas my favorite tradition was handmade ornaments and I made hundreds over the years.  I particularly enjoyed doing angels and still have a box labeled "Angel Supplies" - maybe I will be moved to create more angels sometime in the future.
"Angels We Have Heard on High"  Donna Bensey - Charlottesville, VA  2009
Cotton fabric and batting.  Hand appliqued, machine quilted.
 
Purchased at an online auction to raise funds in support of the Virginia Quilt Museum.  Supporting quilt museums is important, no matter where in the world they are located.  If I know there is an online auction to raise funds I look to see if there is a quilt I might add to the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection, to my personal collection or as a gift for someone I think will enjoy it.
 
Donna has done a very nice job of the applique - all those sharp points and inside corners done well.


 
A nice printed label with a machine stitched edging.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Very, very special. Thank you.

Patty ♣ said...

Reminds me of scherinchnetta designs that I used to do...Very nice!