Friday, December 23, 2011

The Christmas Reindeer Quilt 12-23-11

This is a repost of my reindeer quilt, which I like more every year. 
"Teenage Reindeer" Del Thomas 1993 27" x 31.5"

A friendship group I belonged to in 1993 did a challenge where we had specific steps to prepare for the meeting where we started our projects. I'm not sure this is the order, but we had to take to the meeting a fat quarter of definitely Xmas fabric in a brown lunch bag; a half yard of red or green fabric rolled and tied with a ribbon, and a white fabric wrapped in Xmas paper and tied with a ribbon. We could add whatever we wanted to create a Xmas quilt. No size restrictions. At the time I was teaching a class based on "One of a Kind Quilts" a book by Judy Hopkins of Alaska and this challenge fit perfectly into my need for class samples.

This little reindeer was part of the design on the Xmas wrapping I received.
Look familiar?  I posted this quilt before at: 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dolores said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DEL, AND MAY 2012 BE A WONDERFUL YEAR FOR YOU!!!

Patty ♣ said...

Your cute teenage reindeer does have that 'teenage look' about it.

Here is hoping that you have a lovely day, just made the way you like tomorrow!
Merry Christmas my friend!

Corky said...

I love this quilt Del. Hope your Christmas is filled with joy.