Friday, January 20, 2012

Program on Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection 01-19-12

I will be giving a presentation on TCQC this coming Monday evening for the North Cities Quilt Guild.  About thirty quilts from the Collection will be shown and talked about.  No 12x12 quilts, of course, as they are already at VAM in San Diego.  But there are always new quilts that I have not shown before - my problem is keeping it to only about thirty quilts!  

North Cities Quilt Guild meets  in the Friendship Hall at the Placentia Presbyterian Church,  849 N. Bradford, Placentia, CA 92870.  The doors open at 6:15 PM for social interaction. The meeting begins at 7:00 PM with the welcome and Guild related announcements. The speaker is scheduled to begin at 7:15 PM.  Their website is http://www.northcitiesquiltguild.org  However, it has not been updated since September.

I am also teaching a workshop "Fiber Postcards/Quiltcards" for the guild from 10am to 4pm on Tuesday, Jan 24th, at: Calico House and Cranberry Quiltworks
1243 E. Imperial Hwy • Placentia, CA 92870   (714) 993-3091 (Shop Phone)

The workshop chair is out-of-town and I have no idea how many sign-ups there are, but I'm sure there aren't many as there has been no publicity.  If you are interested just give me a call or send an e-mail.  714-315-9526. DELQLTS@aol.com 
I can e-mail you a materials list.  The fee is $30.
 

No comments: