Sunday, February 12, 2012

Quick 3-2-1 cakes 02-11-12

These individual little cakes are ready to eat in one minute.  They are perfect for whenever you feel you need a treat, but don't want a whole cake around to tempt yourself to eat more.

First - Prepare "The Mix".  You need one box of Angel Food Cake mix and one box regular cake mix.  In a one gallon Ziplock bag (or an air-tight container) combine the two cake mixes thoroughly.  This mix can be stored in your pantry without refrigeration, just like a box of cake mix.

Second - Make each individual cake by measuring three Tablespoons of the mix into a microwave safe container (bowl, mug, custard cup, etc.).  Add two Tablespoons room temperature water and stir well.

Third - Microwave on High for one minute. If you cook it too long it will be chewy rather than tender.  Now you have your own instant individual little cake.  Top it with whipped topping and some fresh fruit and chow down.

Note: One of the cake mixes MUST be Angel Food, the other can be chocolate, pineapple, carrot, red velvet, spice, ...whatever.  The flavor possibilities depend on what is available at the market.
 
The name "3-2-1 Cake" comes from the formula: 3 Tablespoons mix, 2 Tablespoons water, 1 minute in the microwave.

This image came to me with the recipe.


This is a picture of the cake I made using Angel Food and carrot cake mixes.  I don't normally have whipped topping around, so I softened some cream cheese and spread it on top.


 
It was a little bland, so I sprinkled on some cinnamon sugar such as one uses on buttered toast.
Next time I think I will drizzle on a little Blue Agave or maybe honey.  Or perhaps yogurt?  
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

What a fantastic idea! I sometimes want a little something sweet but don't want the temptation of an entire cake in my house. I will certainly try this!

Rayna said...

How clever! A great idea for one person.

Christine Thresh said...

I'm going to try this. I'd love to have a little bit of cake every now and then.

Michele Bilyeu said...

This is a wonderful idea! Thank you so very much..and it is just in time for Valentine's Day, too :)