Friday, March 2, 2012

Another Trash Can Surprise 03-01-12

What is it with me and trash cans?  It is always a struggle and sometimes a surprise.  Some years ago I posted:
  http://www.delquilts.blogspot.com/2008/03/fairy-in-my-trash-can-03-28-08.html    
I later discovered the fairy comes back at a certain time of year to revisit the can, located in the same spot in the garage.  So the turban on the roof not only lets in air - it also lets in fairies.

Recently I was in LBeach with the Poodle Prince and went out to put something the trash can and nearly had a heart attack when this came popping out at me.  One cannot expect to have something with a shiny red face jump out when the lid of the can is lifted.  Of course, I had not turned on the garage light and was relying on the faint light coming from the door to the inside hall.  I actually struck out at it with my elbow - good training comes back when needed.   

 
I was tempted to deflate this scary thing, but figured "Hey, it isn't my trash can with a red faced thing popping up whenever I open it."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Terry Grant said...

Haunted by the spirit of Valentine,s Day! Those mylar balloons never die. I have two in my studio that I bought to tie on my mailbox the day we had the studio open house. They are still bobbing around the studio. The open house was the day after Thanksgiving.

Loretta said...

Life is full of wonderful surprises, just for fun!

Patty ♣ said...

OH MY! That would give you a start! Funny though when you realize what just happened ... Wishing you more good surprises in life.♥

Del said...

Yes, it was funny after the first shock. I was laughing and Corky was sitting in the doorway looking askance at me. I went in to get the camera and he just curled up in his bed again - that is the one below the mirror where he can see every door.