Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dinner out - again

I have spent the day in bed - reading, dozing, taking Airborne and Tylenol.  I do feel better tonight, but I had to miss the Surfside QGuild meeting today, which featured Velda Newman.  Darn!  But, I'm sure that all of the members are glad that I kept my cold germs at home. 
I did spend some time working on pictures from Empty Spools and Asilomar, but not enough to present many of them yet.  So, here is a fabulous meal I enjoyed with friends at Peppers, one of my long-time favorite Pacific Grove restaurants. 

 
Years ago (12, maybe) I had dinner at Peppers with Liz.  We ordered the Paella which is made for two.  It was fabulous and we ate and ate and ate.  Finally we had to leave some on the serving platter.  Since then I think of that scrumptious meal and wish I could do it again.  This time there were three of us to share the platter and we still left some behind.  By the time I took this picture we had served ourselves.
 
There were mussels, clams, calimari, shrimp, and fish fillet atop the fragrant rice/veggie combo. .
 
In addition to the rice in the paella, black beans were served along with our choice (corn) of tortillas.   Now I am looking for someone else to share an order of paella when I go back to Peppers again.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dolores said...

So happy you are feeling better!!! It's hard to pass up Velda but you did the right thing!! Loved Peppers and you :) XX

Patty ♣ said...

Oh, I am glad you are feeling better! I looked for you at the Surfside meeting.Missed you!!!
Velda's quilts are Massive! Not something I will ever try, but very interesting and colorful!

Sherrie Spangler said...

My mouth is watering just looking at these colorful plates of food! Hope you're feeling completely better soon.

Rayna said...

I'll share one with you when you come to play in the class I'm teaching next March. I am catching up on blog-reading after a rather unexpectedly busy week. I hope you are all better by today and will post more about your class with Ruth.