Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Browsing 04-09-12

I'm am really dragging my tail, sorry I didn't post last evening.  I drove the six hours home from Empty Spools/Asilomar today, after a night at the home of my friend Mary.  All I did at her house those sixteen hours was sleep and eat!  WHAT a great friend she is.  She fed me "Heaven in a Bowl" for dinner - it is the best lentil soup anyone ever invented and the perfect sustenance for someone with a head cold.  That is me!  I have been taking Airborne and trying to get as much rest as I can, but I am very, very tired.  I have all the class images from my second week with Ruth McDowell - they are downloaded into my laptop and I will try to do the editing and post them as soon as I am recovered a bit.   Obviously I didn't do much browsing last week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STOLEN QUILTS ALERT!  On March 16th, while teaching in New Braunfels, Texas, Karen Combs rental car was broken into, her teaching suitcase was taken and all her quilts, samples for the class Patchwork Illusions, as well as all her teaching gear.  She has posted details on her blog. Please pass along to all.  http://karencombs.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/quilts-stolen/

Baby robins: http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9479342&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00ADEF&fullscreen=1

Fantastic Fibers at the Yeiser Art Center, Paducah, KY
http://fantasticfibers.theyeiser.org/2012-accepted-entries

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I hope you recover soon. I certainly enjoyed "our" trip to Empty Spools/Asilomar.
I look forward to more photos of Ruth McDowell's class results.

Dolores said...

I am getting to the worried stage about you, missy. Get tons of rest, cuddle up with your doggie, if he's in residence, and just mend. I find the packing for Asilomar is fun but the unpacking takes me days. Next year, if we're at the same session, it's The Passion Fish!!! Take care, my friend, and hope you're up and around in a few days. XX, Dolores

Mary Keasler said...

Del! I have just discovered your blog and am thrilled.
I have been a huge fan of Ruth McDowell for years. It is a delight to read through all your previous posts about Ruth and see the beautiful works of art. Thank you for sharing these. It must be such a joy to be able to own some of her quilts. I will be constantly checking in to see your latest once you have recovered. Hope you are feeling well soon.