Thursday, June 21, 2012

Things seen on the road 06-21-12

I saw a number of these trucks on the highway and wondered what they hauled.  Then I saw one loaded, but I wasn't quick enough to take a picture.

Can you guess what this special flatbed might carry?

It only carries two items at a time.

The blades for the wind turbines that "grow" all over the West.  Two blades are loaded tip to base and extend the length of the flatbed.  They are very long. 

I can understand why someone needs this much hay (or is it alfalfa).  I have never seen so many horses while traveling the West - there are hundreds, maybe thousands in pastures and corrals along the way.  When I asked someone what the horses are used for I was told most of them are never ridden, the owners just enjoy having them.
  #   #   #

2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Yes, it is alfalfa hay. My horse, who has been on vacation for most of his life, eats it twice a day. The bigger bales that you see on the truck are probably going to dairies to be fed to milk cows.

Mary Ann said...

Skittles and I are semi-retired. I keep threatening to see if her saddle still fits. I guess she could be called a pasture ornament.