Friday, July 20, 2012

On the Road Again 07-20-12

I took a short trip up to San Juan Bautista this week to see my friends Mary and Joe.  Joe has been very ill and I was glad to see that he was looking good, considering.  He is able to drive now and go into his office for part of the day.  Mary needed some social time, so we went shopping at the outlet mall in Gilroy one day and had a great day in Pacific Grove yesterday -   fabric feeling/buying at Back Porch Fabrics, lunch at The Red House and a meeting of the Art Quilt Group Mary belongs to.  And the weather was simply gorgeous.

The radio commentator was talking about how more than 50% of the fresh produce in the USA comes from the central valley of California.  I-5 goes right through some of the richest farmland in the area.  Although we have drought conditions this year, the past two years have given us enough water to fill the reservoirs and the state has an extensive system of canals that distribute water into the valley.   Without rain and snow in the mountains next winter we will be in trouble again.

 
This picture was taken along Hwy 156 - the fields stretching out to the foothills are beautiful.  But I was enchanted by the wild oats growing along the roadside.


 
The wind blows them like lace - beautiful.
 
Going over the Ridge Route these two motorcycles - a guy and a gal - were riding sanely in heavy traffic. 
 

I was trying to get close enough so you could read the sign on the back of her helmet, but even with the telephoto I didn't think it was safe to get closer.
It says, "Put some excitement between your legs."
I guess anything goes these days, eh?
#   #   #  
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Corky said...

Sorry to hear that Mary's husband isn't well.

Tell her I said hello next time you see her.