Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bird watching 11-27-12

I've been an occasional bird watcher since a was quite young.  In the 70's and 80's I was very active and only stopped my serious watching when I developed allergies and couldn't be outside during the times that certain trees, weeds and grasses were "active".  I still watch very casually and sometimes try to take pictures of birds.  This little sparrow swooped down to the fence post while I was parked along the road above Asilomar Beach in Pacific Grove, CA, last March.  I had rolled the window down to enjoy the rushing of the waves and the wonderfully clean air.  I took seven or eight pictures before he flipped his tail at me and flew away.  The last image is the best picture I have ever taken of a bird.  And it was taken with my Canon point-and-shoot camera.  Pretty awesome.

 
 

Song Sparrow at Asilomar Beach, Pacific Grove, CA  03-28-12
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Loved the pictures Del!

Dolores said...

The birdie is so cute!! Great photography!!

Quiltedtime said...

We have sort of noticed that you like birds, Del. That's a very good thing! Your photos are exquisite!

Flowers Bouquet Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.