Monday, November 26, 2012

Quilt by Lynn Welsch in TCQC 11-25-12

This is another purchase from the SAQA 2012 Auction last month.  I purchased this one because it makes me smile - so colorful and silly - and I have it on my wall now because right now I am needing smiles!


"Taking a Break"  Lynn B. Welsch - Mimbres, NM  2012  12" square
Machine applique and machine quilting. 100% cotton fabrics; Superior Monopoly thread used for applique and quilting.  Beads and buttons as embellishment.
 
 
Lynn's machine applique is phenomenal.  Even with my magnifying glass I cannot see any stitches.  I wonder if she had trouble with tension using monopoly on both the top and in the bobbin.  I think the flower bunches on the heads of the birds is an added touch of silliness.  Each bird eye has a bead topped with a seed bead. 
 
 
And each flower is centered with a fancy button or bead.
 
 
Creative label, but no contact for the artist.  It is an important tool for possible future sales.
 
 
A back that coordinates with the front, something that I enjoy.  The striped binding is a great addition.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

bbusbyarts said...

Love this- Lynn's a member of our New Mexico SAQA group and it's always a treat to see her work!

-Betty Busby

Loretta said...

I'm smiling too! Could these be oyster catchers? A not-so-common shore bird? Stay well.

Linda Laird said...

Dear Del,
I always enjoy seeing your new additions to the collection, checking out your lunches, and keeping up to date on Corky the Poodle Prince--thanks for your blog!

Linda

Martha Ginn said...

What a delightful addition to your fantastic collection! Thanks for posting for us to see.
Martha Ginn

Christine Thresh said...

I smiled when I saw this, so I am sending it your way.