Sunday, November 18, 2012

Items from SQG live auction 11-17-12

This was the big money maker at the live auction.  It is a charming quilt with blocks made by various guild members.  I did not add it to TCQC - the winning bidder started the bidding high so I knew she was going to have it at any cost.  She told me afterward how much she will cherish this quilt.   


PieceMakers quilt.  62" wide x 78 1/2" high Blocks by SQG Members, machine and hand applique. Machine Assembled by Joann Bishop, Mary Freedman and Nancy Ota.   Machine Quilted by Nancy Burch, cotton batt. Binding by Joann Bishop. 

. 
Backart assembled by Mary Freedman.  Label, machine pieced and hand embroidered by Nancy Ota.



Tote by Nancy Ota 25" wide x 19" high



 
I had the high bid on this cute pillow made by Jan Hirth.  I teased her that Corky would love it, but, of course, Corky has his own pillows - this one is for me.

I also won the bid on a very nice 1950's applique of red poppies on a white ground. I cannot seem to transfer a picture from the SQG website, so to see you it you will have to visit the following site where you will see all the lovely things that were auctioned on Tuesday.  


ttps://plus.google.com/photos/100820949047512915903/albums/5791894825372013553?authkey=CIHY0O-Vpp_logE#
Posted by Picasa

No comments: