Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lunch at the harbor in San Diego 11-24-12

On Wednesday I drove down to San Diego to learn more about the quilts in the "Brainstorms" exhibit at Visions Art Museum.   I have several session scheduled to serve as a docent, so I'd better study up on the artists and their quilts.   It was a fast track down there - it only took an hour and a half.  Since the schools were closed and many companies closed down for the Thanksgiving holiday there was not much traffic going south on I-5.  However, I knew that coming home in the afternoon would be slow, and it was.   Three hours and twenty minutes on the road, much of it at 10mph.  But I knew it would be that way and was prepared to be patient.  There were a few fender benders and one large accident which had the southbound I-5 narrowed to one lane - of course, all the ghouls going north had to slow or stop to see the accident.  As soon as they get past they hit the gas and try to get in front of everyone else.  Weird.  I never look for fear I will see a gory sight that I will never forget. 


With a friend I had lunch at another very good restaurant - Island Prime on the harbor. 
The food  was excellent and the service the best I have experienced in quite a long time. (I had the crab cakes which came with a small salad and my friend had a French Dip sandwich with skinny, skinny onion rings that were fantastic). We shared a dessert - Key Lime Pie - I think the best I've ever eaten.  I thought that CPK served a good one, but this was even better.  It is, however, twice as much as I could ever eat, so I was happy I had a friend.
 
 
The excellent company and the delicious food was enhanced by a drop dead view of downtown San Diego on the left and Coronado Island and the navy ships on the right.  In the distance is the Coronado Bridge stretching over the water. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beverly said...

OMG, that Key lime pie looks scrumptious. Thinking of you this weekend, I hope all is well with you.

Quiltedtime said...

Your pictures always make me hungry, Del. Lovely!