Thursday, January 24, 2013

Orphan Blocks 01-24-13

I'm still struggling to get back to making quilts.  I don't need to start anything new, but I can't seem to get going on any unfinished projects which have been "fermenting" for several years.  Maybe I do need to try something new - so I picked up two Baggies of orphan blocks from the Philanthropic table at the Surfside Quilters Guild meeting this month.  I did as I have in the past, put them up on a design board and think about what I could do with them.


These are friendship blocks that didn't fit in someone's quilt - or they came in late - and they all have names on them.  Do I leave the names on?  Or cover them up?   I think I will either need to build four child sized quilts with a house in the center of each or find someone else who would like to donate more 12.5" (unfinished) house blocks.   These are, of course, not all the same size.

 
My fabric library does not contain any of these batiks, except one of the rust color and mine may be a bit lighter.  They came in a Baggie with .......
 
These seven blocks are also not all the same size, but can be trimmed.  However, I think I will save these and those in the last picture to take to my Rayna Gillman class at Asilomar in March.  I'll take along some coordinating fabrics, but if I don't have the right stuff I could always go fabric shopping.  Whoopee!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

The house blocks are sweet. I think I would mix them with pieced blocks and put them all in the same wall hanging. Just my idea, anyway. I am sure you will come up with something pretty.