Saturday, April 20, 2013

Santa Nella to Eugene, OR 04-20-13

Sorry, Friends, I am finally in my motel in Eugene, OR, and it is 10:30pm.  I am way too tired to download pictures or blog or try to fix yesterday's blog - again!   Maybe I'll be able to do it in the morning, but I still have about 500 miles to drive before darkness falls tomorrow, so I don't know when I will do it.

Below is the first picture in yesterday's post along with the caption.


Because of the drought there have not been a lot of wildflowers blooming this year. But I spotted these patches high on the tops of the mountains as I drove the Ridge Route today. They are too far away to identify, but the color makes me think they are California poppies. Click on the picture for an enlargement. I did see quite a lot of wild mustard as I drove further north, but nothing like the fields and fields in a non-drought year. .
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

We can wait for the pictures so just take a lot of mental pictures now and enjoy them!!! XX

Loretta said...

Thank you. Please relax and enjoy the drive. We'll catch up when you do. xo