Sunday, May 12, 2013

Road Trip Food (2nd try) 05-11-13


I didn't take a lot of food pictures on my Road Trip. Partially because I didn't eat that many photo worthy meals. Several times I ate dinner from my ice chest and I stopped at Subway a couple times. Breakfast was usually at Holiday Inn Express and always included their fabulous cinnamon rolls.


Chistopher's Restaurant in Coupeville is about three doors down from the "enchanted cottage" and was highly recommended by several residents. I'm always a sucker for salmon. This was salmon with raspberry sauce, zucchini, carrots, kale, raw spinach. Perfection.

I don't drink, but I was attracted to the bubbles in this glass of red wine. They were better in person, but I like the photo.
 

Tuna salad from Knead and Feed restaurant on the Coupeville waterfront. The teacher's aide took orders and went out to fetch our lunches. After the first day we all wanted food from Knead and Feed. I didn't take pictures of my lentil soup or sandwiches - they disappeared too quickly! I also tried their marionberry bear claw and their very popular cinnamon rolls. Outstanding.
 


The class went to dinner at Frasier's Restaurant in Oak Harbor, which is about ten miles north. It is quite an elegant place, the service was impeccable and the food fantastic.
This fish dish was the choice of the lady across the table from me - I don't remember what kind of fish, but she said it was heavenly.
 
  
Next to me the choice was lamb chops. They look quite large in the photo, but they were just normal sized, I'm sure I could have eaten them all. This lady had tried them before and wouldn't think of ordering anything else, so they must be very good.

I chose the mussels, but the picture I took didn't make them look very appetizing, so I dumped it. Trust me, they were everything I had heard about Penn Cove mussels.
 
 
Fancy plating is very artistic.

And I ordered the crab cake appetizer - served so beautifully. They were like the crab cakes I had in Virginia when I was there years ago with my friend Shirley. Shirley grew up in Virginia and has definite ideas about how crab cakes should be made - almost entirely crab meat, a very tiny bit of filler, just enough to hold them together.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dolores said...

I always get hungry after viewing your glorious food photos :)

Loretta said...

Yummy, yummy....the crab cakes caused my mouth to water!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Penn Cove mussels are the BEST! In fact, I think I had them at Christopher's years ago. Everything here looks delicious.